Sunday 29 April 2012

Special build

Since i've been using the train and bike to commute to work I decided to set up a simple cheap 'work bike'. I already have quite a few spare components so it didn't take much to build up a second bike.

The frame is an old specialized p2 bought from a friend, and since it was looking a little ratty I decided I would strip off the paint and just leave the raw aluminium to shine through. I also bought a brake from another friend and most other bits were either already available or sourced for free off friends (cheers Rob for the forks).

I now use this to get to and from work, the paint stripping is still a work in progress but it's slowly getting there and looking ok so far.

The original brown paint job

Built up and roughly stripped

After a little wirewool polish

No comments:

Post a Comment